You know it’s that time of year again when…
1. You spot a student toting around a liter bottle of Mountain Dew and a styrofoam cup.
2. There are suddenly no open seats in the library.
3. Facebook whining abounds.
4. Pajama pants are the new jeans.
5. Procrastinating on one paper consists of working on another.
6. You cannot talk about everything you still have to do without the seven people nearest to you jumping down your throat, bewailing seminars and presentations and cumulative exams.
7. The line at the coffee shop is a mile long, especially after 9 p.m.
8. The library begins to offer free five minutes massages, and turns the poetry room into a sanctuary of meditation and smelly oils.
9. The expressions on people’s faces, once you get past the red eyes and pale cheeks, are identical: a healthy combo platter of frenzied, weary, and grimly resigned.