Not one to fail to wring every last drop of ‘weekend’ out of the weekend, I have done the following in the past two days:
1. Hosted a game show (see previous post)
2. Watched Mad Men with my gentleman caller (we’re on Season Two now, and although still enthralled, we both continue to be disgusted with a) the amount of smoking everyone does, b) the sexism, c) the infidelity, and d) the terrible parenting exhibited in almost every episode by Don and Betty Draper. Was an entire generation like this? I certainly hope not).
3. Made the most delicious chili in the universe with the g.c. It was an easy enough recipe, but we had to take a twenty-minute break in the middle of cooking because I feared I was going to perish from the combination of eyes burning from onion and throat burning from jalapenos. I think at one point I was sitting on the linoleum with my eyes pressed against my arms, seeking reprieve from the fumes wafting above.
4. Watched my third favorite movie of all time (You’ve Got Mail) with the commentary turned on because I know every line anyway, and because I was missing Nora Ephron and wanted to hear her insights.
5. Did two loads of laundry.
6. Cleaned the kitchen.
7. Painted my fingernails.
8. Practiced with my intramural volleyball team. Scraped up my knees diving for the ball without kneepads. Also fell on my butt a few times, an anecdote I’m including just in case you were beginning to think that I’m some kind of intense, Misty May-esque player.
9. Am just now settling in to do some studying. No class tomorrow, so this isn’t a complete act of procrastination on my part.
Going to heat up some leftover chili. Enjoy these last few blessed hours of weekend!